Preparing for your family mediation
It may be helpful to ask yourself the following questions before coming in for mediation. Jot down some answers if that helps you.
The mediator may ask you some similar questions in exploring the issues between you and the other parent.
Click Here to download this as a checklist for you to print & fill out.
- What are the current living arrangements for the child/ren?
- What are the child/ren’s needs?
- What are your needs?
- How are the children coping/managing at the moment? Do you have any particular concerns about the children?
- What do you want the future parenting arrangements to look like? Who do you want the child/ren to live with?
- What time do you want the child/ren to spend with each parent?
- What time do you want the child/ren to spend with other people, such as grandparents?
- How would you like ‘change over’ to work?
- What arrangements would you like to see in place for special days, such as birthdays, holidays and Christmas?
- How will you and the other parent share parental responsibility and decision-making, such as deciding on schools?
- How do you want the child/ren to communicate with the other parent?
- How do you want to communicate with the other parent?